Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 June 2014

New Zealand Music Video Month - 19 June - Subtract

 Subtract formed in the 90's and immediately peaked my interest. A number of line-up changes saw the music go through a slump before finally capturing some of their live energy with their latest album Talk Minus Action Equals Nothing.

Subtract - Black September


 




 On a personal note, before Subtract started gigging around Auckland I had the pleasure of hearing them very early on, as we shared a practice room, I had previously met former Guitarist Nigel on a bus and was drawn to speak to him by his Meshuggah T-Shirt (the second person I met to like the band). Before the release of their first EP I had been taking live photos of them and was sent a pre-release copy on cassette tape. When Quench was finally released I went out and purchased a copy and to my surprise found my name in the liner notes. Many years later (2014) I found myself at their album release show for the new album and to my surprise they dedicated a song to me (Same Mistake). I've always been a big supporter and fan of this band, with the exception of the album Formula One, it just doesn't do them any justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment