Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Buyer Beware? Or Buyer be-dupped?!

  So I purchase an ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card for my new editing suite on eBay and although I pay less than retail I have to wait...
  The card arrived today, so I installed it and it doesn't work, I check the box and find that it does not have the (Mac specific) PCIe 6-pin power cable... So suddenly my day is spent scouring the internet for local suppliers and you'll never guess what, there are none! I'm now an expert at wasting my day and although I have emailed the seller I'm just not patient enough to wait for a response and I managed to find a new cable on eBay. Another $12.66 (NZD) later and I'm left waiting AGAIN.


  There is a lot to be said about buyer beware where second-hand items and auctions are concerned, and also checking all the information before buying. Although I've re-read the auction and the seller never actually specified the card did not come with the cable, but then again his auction description doesn't state that it does either. Should I be up in arms about this?

  The upgrade wait... It continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment