Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 March 2009

Trans-coding! It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

 Just completed 50 plus hours of Trans-coding (Converting Mini-DV tape to digital file), it's a slow and arduous process, but it can pay well. 

 However, after watching over 22 hours of footage it raised a question: "How hard can it be to lock off a tripod and film people talking for 20 - 40 minute periods", the answer to this was a resounding - Very, obviously. I know from experience that it's not hard to film lectern based seminars and rebel rousing "life coach wannabe's", but whoever filmed these seminars obviously didn't know what they were doing. I guess I shouldn't really care as I wasn't the one who was filming, but it gives me hope that I can pitch for potential work with the knowledge that I know what I'm doing and can get a better overall look for what is otherwise dull content for a (in this case) niche market.

No comments:

Post a Comment